instagram

50th Settecolli Trophy. Scozzoli power

Settecolli 2013
images/joomlart/article/8c7ead0b88751b48d78f440d64515e7d.jpg

The second day of the 50th International Settecolli Trophy is characterized by the great performances of David Verraszto in the 400 medley, Ranomi Kromowidjojo in the 100 freestyle, by the silver medal of Federico Turrini in the 400 medley, by the gold medal of Marco Bellotti in the 200 freestyle with 1'48''12 (2'' from the limit time for the relay races at the upcoming World Championships of Barcelona) and Fabio Scozzoli's success in the 50 breastroke, with a new record (27''31) of the competition and third world (and italian) best seasonal time behind Brasilian Joao Gomez (27''20) and Australian Christian Sprenger (26''90) .

Athlete's statements.
The first athlete in the final today was Stefania Pirozzi, 4th in the 200 butterffly. "I'm really happy for the outcome of this race. I was not able to prepare it as well as I wanted. I was willing to do good in this performance, and I think I'm on the right way towards the Mediterranean Games and the World Championships". Silver medal for Francesco Pavone in the 200 butterfly: "I'm quite satisfied with my time. Swimming here helped me find the right rhythm for the races. My goal was to swim aroun 1'58 and I succeeded in doing so". Arianna Barbieri won the 100 backstroke, but she is not entirely satisfied. "I still don't feel 100% strong, and this is not a justification. I have to catch up." Camille Lacourt won the 100 backstroke and is really happy."What makes me happy is the fact that today I distributed the race well. This is important with the World Championships coming up". Bronze medal for Mirco di Tora. "It's not the best period in training, however, I'm quite satisfied with today's time. Concentration was fundamental for this race”.
Great success of Hungarian David Verraszto in the 400 medley. " I'm really happy! I love the Stadio Del Nuoto of Rome. My time is satisfying, considering the high competition with all the European Championships." Federico Turrini, silver medalist, is also really happy. "I'm satisfied with my time. In a better physical form I could have had better chances. We'll see in the future." Dutch Ranomi Kromowidjojo won the 100 freestyle. " Swimming well in such a great pool and atmosphere is inevitable.
After yesterday's victory in 100 breastroke, Fabio Scozzoli also succeeded in the 50m distance, winning first place and breaking his personal record. "It's a great signal, it helps me understand where I stand now. I feel great and this time greatly satisfies me ".

Head coach Cesare Butini, says. "Fabio Scozzoli, who obtained the third best seasonal world time in the 50 breastroke, closed the 2nd day of the " A FINALS". Previously, the great performances of Federico Turrini, Alice Mizzau, Mirco Di Tora and Marco Bellotti, the only one to swim the 200 freestyle in 1'48. Today's results reflect the great preparation of the athletes both at natioanl and international level.

In between the finals of the 100 women's freestyle and 200 men's freestyle, space was given to the 100 freestyle paralympics. Eight girls in the pool, without any distinction of disability. Cecilia Camellini, Olympic Champion and World record holder at London 2012, gained third place in 1'09'51. Camellini, of the Tricolore Reggio Emilia club is happy : "Participating in such an international meeting like the Settecolli Trophy is a great achievement.I want to thank the FIN for the attention they dedicated to us, and I hope that the Paralympic Sports keeps being integrated in more competitions. The medals won gave me the opportunity to promote our own sport". The race was won by Francesca Palazzo (Fondazione Bentegodi) with the time of 1'06''02. Second place for Francesca Secci (Sardegna Sport Cagliari) with the time of 1'07''93.

Photo gallery

Official results