instagram

ILSE. An interview with the Vice President

European Junior Lifesaving Championships 2013
images/joomlart/article/58af0a2b0d4342e608af5140219d11cf.jpg

We spent a couple of minutes with Mr Eric Bech (Denmark), Vice President North of the International Life Saving Federation of Europe in order to discover his judgement about this Italian Championship in Riccione and about the younger generation of Lifesavers.

Dear Mr Bech, first of all it's a pleasure to speak with you and thanks for the time you dedicated us. What do you think about the organization of this Championship in Italy, do you like the venue?
"We are at the beginning so I didn't see too much but The Italian Swimming Federation always used to give a good organization through the years, the venue as well is very nice and spacious."

Riccione is a summer destination for lots of Italian and worldwide tourists, do you think that organizing this event in summertime gives a big hand to the promotion of this sport through the common people?
"Yes, I think it's important to involve common people and tourist to participate this event as spectators, in order to spread the spectacular nature of this sport. We need this kind of promotion in well known location, rather than doing competitions in remote beaches and swimmingpools."

15 National Teams will attend this Championship, it's a huge result, what do you think about the younger generation?
"Yes it's a huge result, I think is one of the most crowded Championship in the Junior Lifesaving history and it's a big drive for the young swimmers to keep doing, and training, and improve. I think it's important to organize Juniors European Championships every year, instead of the Senior one, which interval time is two years, because young athletes need incitement and need to demonstrate their value constantly."

Italy is the European Champion in charge, what do you think would be the National contestant who can aim to beat it?
"This is the toughest question so far! It's easier to predict the Senior Championship because the Juniors one is in continuous evolution, but I think would be Holland, France, Spain and Germany!"