instagram

Settecolli Clear. Flash quotes day 1

Settecolli 2016
images/joomlart/article/9d18fdddf519b59a8373ad6e4ab14cec.jpg

Shown below the flash quotes of the first day of the 53rd edition of Settecolli Clear International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women's backstroke 50m
Kylie Masse (gold medalits): "My performance was going very well. I expected this result after a long time of training. I'm very happy to be here in Rome, even if the high temperature make it more difficult. About the Olympic Games, I'm at the end of my training and I hope to obtain good results after a long and hard training during this year."
Elena Gemo (bronze medalist): "I hoped that my performance was going better, but I was here to do my best and to prepare the 100m-backstroke. Tomorrow I hope to obtain a better chrono result."

Men's backstroke 50m
Guy Barnea (gold medalits): "I'm a little stressed because I am at 40 days to Rio Olympic Games, but I am training hardly. This is a test for 100m. I am very happy to race in this pool and to participate in a competition like this."
Niccolò Bonacchi (silver medalist): "Compared to heat, it was going better. my training is going in a regular way. I am finding the good mood for my Olympic participation."

Women's freestyle 400m
Coralie Balmy (gold medalist): "I didn't expect this chrono result, but at the end I won and I am very satisfied of my result."
Boglarka Kapas (silver medalist): "I think it's a very good time. I think I am stronger than I thought. I love Rome. It's my favourite city."
Diletta Carli (bronze medalist): "I am very happy of my result of 4'07''32 that I hope is good for my qualification fo Rio Olympic Games. I hope that I will be called from the technical commitee."

Men's freestyle 400m
Gabriele Detti (gold medalist). "I didn't expect this time obtained after a long and hard training in mountain. I thought to swim in 3'47''. At this moment I am not stressed for Rio Olympic Games."
Gregorio Paltrinieri (silver medalist): "I expected this time (3'50'') but when I am in a bad condition, it is very difficult for me".
Matteo Ciampi (bronze medalist): "I'm training a lot and I didn't expect a time like this. I broke my personal time of two seconds".
Women's breaststroke 100m
Ruta Meilutyte(gold medalist): "I raced a good competition in a high level context. I am training in London and this choice was very good. I found the best situation to prepare Rio."
Arianna Castiglioni (silver medalist): "I trained a lot to obtain this time that opens the doors to Olympic Games. I am training hardly to come back to my better levels and I think to be on the right way."

Men's breaststroke 100m
Giedrius Titenis (gold medalist): "I think that I obtained a good time. I come here in Rome every year and I like a lot this city and this pool. I am very positive for Rio Olympic Games."

Women's butterfly 200m
Liliana Szilagyi (gold medalist): "I am very tired, maybe because of my hard training. The victory gives me great satisfaction. Settecolli competition is the best International meeting. Rome is fantastic and the audience of Swimming Stadium is very warm."
Stefania Pirozzi (silver medalist): "Last three weeks were difficult: I lost my optimism . I consider this second rank as a new start of my carrier."
Audrey Lacroix (bronze medalist): "I am training a lot for Rio Olympic Games. My time is not so good but it is ok at this moment. I like a lot Italy, Rome and first of all the Italian food."

Men's butterfly 100m
Laszlo Cseh (gold medalist): "Settecolli is always a race at high level and it is good to test the technical performance. In Rio Olympic Games I will focus on 100m and 200m butterfly."
Adam Barrett (bronze medalist): "I am very happy of my time. This is a difficult moment during the season, but I expected it. This is my first time at Settecolli and I like it a lot. I hope to enjoy these days here."

Women's freestyle 50m
Ranomi Kromowidjojo (gold medalist): "The time is very good: I didn't expect to reach 24''28 at forty days to Rio Olympic Games. Settecolli competition is a "little" World championships: all the races are stressfull."
Therese Alshammar (bronze medalist): "I am training in very good conditions, never occured in my carrier. The bronze medal gives me a little faithfull. I didn't think to participate in my sixth Olympic Games: I had a lot of sacrifies to be qualified for that."

Men's freestyle 50m
Ben Proud (gold medalist): "I am still up the limit for Rio, but the chrono is good. All I come here in Rome I am in a very good condition, maybe thanks to this beautiful city and pool."
Luca Dotto (silver medalist): "I didn't expect a good time like this, considering the hard training of these twenty days. I would like to expect the 100m freestyle programmed on Sunday to have a complete view of my present condition."
Shinri Shioura (bronze medalist): "I didn't expect this medal because the negative chrono. I am training for Olympic Games and this is one of the last test useful to improve my performance."

photo by deepbluemedia.eu