instagram

Settecolli Clear. Flash quotes day 2

Settecolli 2016
images/joomlart/article/83b78dbd0473841641474c974f3ac481.jpg

Shown below the flash quotes of the second day of the 53rd edition of Settecolli Clear International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women's butterfly 100m
Ilaria Bianchi (gold medalist): "I expected this time that gives me the right confidence to face the Olympic Games. Having obtained this victory in Rome gives me more confidence."
Penny Oleksiak (silver medalist): "I am satisfied both for the time and the race, but I would like to win the gold medal. I continue my training for Rio in the better way."

Men’s butterfly 200m
Laszlo Cseh (gold medalist): "I am very satisfied for the record. This is my last race before the Rio Olympic Games, where my aim is to win a medal."
Bence Biczo (silver medalist): "I think that the time is good enough. I am always happy to be here in Rome, because the situation is always magic at the Swimming Stadium."
Stefanos Dimitriadis (bronze medalist): "I didn't expect the podium at this great International meeting. I would like to thank the Federazione Italiana Nuoto because this is the most beautiful event I have never participate in. I hope to participate in the meeting also in 2017."

Women's backstroke 100m
Katarina Listopadova (silver medalist): "I am very satisfied of my time. I love racing in this pool and I love Rome too."
Carlotta Zofkova (bronzemedalist): "I thought going worse, but the chrono. My aim in Rome was to be the first of Italian, and it is like this."

Men’s backstroke 100m
Niccolò Bonacchi (gold medalist): "I am very happy of the race. I was on top, even if I started a little aggressive. It's a shame because I lost the opportunity to participate in Rio, but however I am happy."
Apostolous Christou (silver medalist): "This is my test for Rio, because Settecolli is a competition of high level. Racing here in Rome is stimulating."
David Gamburg (bronze medalist): "The time is half second higher than the limit for Rio, so I am not completely satisfied.I enjoyed swimming at Swimming Stadium."

Women's medley 400m
Luisa Trombetti (gold medalist): "I obtained my third best time of all the time, but I am not completely satisfied. My aim was the Olympic qualification. I hope that the technical committe will give me an opportunity because the Riccione championships I was near the chrono for Rio. This is my first outdoor race, because in Turin I train indoor."
Sara Franceschi (silver medalist): "I am near my personal time and this time is better than the time obtained in London. On Sunday I will try to reach the time for Rio, but if I won't do this, I am happy however."
Reka Gyorgy (bronze medalist): "I race very well. The training is going in the best way, without problems and this is important. I will try to reach the time for Rio. I always love racing in Rome."

Men's medley 400m
David Verraszto (gold medalist): "I am very happy for today. This is my third participation in Settecolli. I think that this is the best competition in Europe. I will see how it will go."
Federico Turrini (silver medalist): "I finish my training in mountain, so I consider my time good enough. I am not stressed for Rio, but I live this moment in a good mood."
Benjamin Gratz (bronze medalist): "I am not in a good condition. The chrono is worse, even if i won the bronze. At national championships, I felt better. Very compliments to Settecolli."

Women's freestyle 100m
Ranomi Kromowidjojo (gold medalist): "Federica is always a good rival. I am very happy for my race, victory and time. I close here my Settecolli, but I will participate in it again next year. This place is full of joy and passion for this sport."
Federica Pellegrini (silver medalist): "I didn't expect to break the Italian record, expecially after the chrono of this morning. This result is very good. 100m freestyle are giving me a lot of satisfactions. I will decide with my trainer if I will participate in Rio."
Penny Oleksiak (bronze medalist): "I am very happy for my best time I have never reached. I love racing here in Rome, but the course is very fast."

Men's freestyle 200m
Gabriele Detti (gold medalist): "The time is the sixth in Italy of all time. I am training hardly. I expect the 800m of tomorrow to have
Dominik Kozma (silver medalist): "I don't know my time, because I thought to swim. I love this competition a lot, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to visit the city."
Marco Belotti (bronze medalist): "I am very happy of my race. I expected this time usefull for 4x200m in Rio:the relay will be competitive, considering that the forth relay swimmer swims 1'47" and the first relay swimmer swims 1'46". I am out of competitions from one year becuase of my arm accident, but I feel good in water, so the training is going well."

Women's breakstroke 50m
Ruta Meilutyte (gold medalist): "I am very happy to win this race and I feel very good. I feel a little pressure for Rio. My training is going very well and the unique thing I have to do is to continue to train like this."
Arianna Castiglioni (silver medalist): "I confirm the good feeling of friday. the time is almost good, becuase the 50m are always difficult to face. I focused only on start. These rivals are necessary to improve my performance."
Jennie Johansson (bronze medalist): "The race was oing well, even if my conditions were not so good. The way towards Rio is still long."

Men's breakstroke 50m
Cameron Van der Burgh (gold medalist): "A good victory and chrono. I have positive feelings in these days. I will partipate in Rio with the aim to win a medal. Racing here in Rome is beautiful."
Niccolò Martinenghi (bronze medalist): "I am very happy to obtain this result. I didn't expect it. This morning I felt good, and also yesterday I was confident in 100m. As all young athletes, my dream is the Olympic Games, but now I think about the next championships in Hungary."

Women's freestyle 800m
Boglarka Kapas (gold medalist): "This chrono is perfect. I am lloking forward to live the Olympic emotions. My dream will come true. I hope to participate in it one day."
Diletta Carli (silver medalist): "I swam my personal record, so I am very satisfied. I felt good in water. Unfortunately this time doesn't allow me for the Olympic qualification. However I hope to give an opportunity for the Games."

Men's freestyle 1500m
Gregorio Paltrinieri (gold medalist): "My performance is not so good, but it is ok in this moment. I come here to enjoy and to prepare my last races before Rio. I have two months for training. I have still forty days to improve my athletic condition. Last year I swam my 1500m in nine slowest seconds."
Damien Joly (silver medalist): "I am not in good conditions. I will swim the 1500m in Rio and I will train to race on top of my conditions. Paltrinieri will be the man to fight."
Marcelo Acosta (bronze medalist): "The race was going well, but I am not on top of my condition. This is my first time in Italy and Rome. I think that this is the most beautiful city in the world. Rio will be my first Olympic Games and I hope to obtain my best time (15'13"). I think that Paltrinieri is a great swimmer and a nice guy."