instagram

Settecolli Clear. Flash quotes day 3

Settecolli 2016
images/joomlart/article/41075fb9ddb5c60903c9266d2c444f7d.jpg

Shown below the flash quotes of the third day of the 53rd edition of Settecolli Clear International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Men’s backstroke 200m
Christopher Ciccarese (gold medalist): "My aim was to break the time of 1'58", but I didn't expect to swim so fast. This morning I tried to control my race and I risked to be out of the competition. However I am on top of my performance following the reccomandations of my trainer. I am very happy even if I didn't swim the time for Rio."
Michele Malerba (silver medalist): "This is my personal record, so I am very satisfied of my result. I tried to be qualified for Rio but it was difficult for me. I thought that this is my last year, but this medal makes me confident."
Luca Mencarini (bronze medalist): "I am not so satisfied. I expected to swim in a better way than the last year with the same time.

Women's backstroke 200m
Kylie Masse (gold medalist): "The chrono is excellent, I think the best of my carrier. Settecolli closes in a very good way and I will come back here in Rome next year: the most beautiful city in the world."
Margherita Panzieri (silver medalist): "I lost my qualification to Rio for only half second: it's a shame because after the European championships I felt better. i think that I review my training with my coach."
Giulia Ramatelli (bronze medalist): "I am very satisfied of my race. I prepare the European championships that will take place in a week. We will meet again in Ostia for the last trainings, and then we will go to the competition. I am very young, so my aim is to train a lot, and my dream is to enter in Guardia di Finanza."

Men’s butterfly 50m
Laslo Cseh (gold medalist): "I am enjoing, my training and the time are very good, even if it is not Olympic specialty. My aim was to enjoy here at Settecolli and I did it. Before Rio I will participate in other two races."
Piero Codia (silver medalist): "I am enjoing because I swim races unusual for me, but they are necessary for my training in this period. I would like have won the 50m-butterfly: it's a shame, but ranking behaind Laszlo is a good result."
Adam Barrett (bronze medalist): "Generally, I am not so satisfied because I lost my qualification to Olympic Games. I close Settecolli with two medals: it's good.

Women’s butterfly 50m
Therese Alshammar (gold medalist): "I swam better in the morning. Obtaining the podium is always fantastic. Winning helps to win. I love Rome and Italy: here I feel at home."
Penny Oleksiak (silver medalist): "I am very happy of my race, even if I think about Rio, because for me it will be my first Olympic Games. The National team expects a lot from me, even if I am very young. Therese (Alshammar) is a very good and expert swimmer, and I hope to have a carrier like hers."
Silvia Di Pietro (bronze medalist): "I expected this chrono. I am on my top training. I always love to race at home."

Men’s breaststroke 200m
Flavio Bizzarri (gold medalist): "Good race and good victory. Unfortunately I lost the time for Rio after a lot of years of trying to be qualified for the Olympic competition, but I think to be on the right way."
Daniel Gyurta (silver medalist): "I am very tired, but I am happy because I tested my physical conditions before Rio where I will try to defend the title."
Luca Pizzini (bronze medalist): "This time is good enough, even if in the last wekks I didn't feel good during the training. I felt better in London. This is my third race and I begin to be tired."

Women’s breaststroke 200m
Giulia De Ascentis (silver medalist): "I had two very difficult years because of a surgical operation and a viral infection that slow my performance. The worst is passed and the silver is like a miracle."
Anna Sztankovics (bronze medalist): "I am very happy of my race and time, that is my best in the season. I continue to train like this towards Olympic dream. This is my first time at Settecolli: the organization is fantastic and Rome is a beautiful city."

Men’s freestyle 100m
Jeremy Stravius (gold medalist): "I am very happy to come back to race here again. My last participation here occured in 2009: I missed Foro Italico. I am happy of my time and my aim is to get a medal in Olympic Games."
Luca Dotto (silver medalist): "49'18" is good, even if I hoped to swim in 48'. I am training very well and with optimism for the Olympic Games."
Filippo Magnini (bronze medalist): "I didn't feel good. I would like to have swum my second best fifty, comparing to this morning. However, coming back to Rome on podium is fantastic. Dotto is a champion: he learnt from me."

Women's freestyle 200m
Federica Pellegrini(gold medalist): "The time of yesterday 100m freestyle and the time of today 200m freestyle are a surprise. Swimming stadium always gives me great joys and unforgettable feelings. I am very proud to be the standard-bearer at the Olympic Games in Rio."
Michelle Coleman (silver medalist): "I am very happy of my time. Racing with Federica is very amazing, I tried to reach her until the end of the race, but I know that she is very fast at the end. We will focus on relay in Rio, where also Sarah will be present."
Boglarka Kapas (bronze medalist): "I swam my personal time: I am very happy. This chrono gives me the ticket to Rio, where I will do my best."

Men's medley 200m
David Verraszto (gold medalist): "Rome is a fundamental step for my season. I adore Settecolli. Before Rio, I will participate in another meeting."
Giovanni Sorriso (silver medalist): "I found to do my goal: confirming my time swum in the absolute. I will continue to train hardly to break the time of two seconds."
Benjamin Gratz (bronze medalist): "This is my best time. I tried the Olympic qualification, so I am not completely satisfied. This is my first time at Settecolli. I liked it a lot and I love Rome so much."

Women’s medley 200m
Ilaria Cusinato (gold medalist): "The chrono is good enough. This morning I had a problem with my foot at the start, and this influenced my performance."
Maria Ugolkova (silver medalist): "This is my best seasonal time, but I could have swum better. I will do this in Rio."
Dalma Sebestyen (bronze medalist): "The race is fantastic and of high level. I am satisfied of my time. I expected it. I love Settecolli and Rome."

Men’s freestyle 800m
Gabriele Detti (gold medalist): "I am very happy for my time and I hope to do my best in Rio. I dream the Olympic Games in Rome in 2024. It would be a stimulus to continue until my thirty-years."
Gregorio Paltrinieri (silver medalist): "Considering the races of these days, the time of 7'50" is good, because we are in worst conditions, having trained in mountain. Swimming with low pressure is good for the mood. The Italian audience is a fantastic support for us."
Marcelo Acosta (bronze medalist): "I am really happy of my result: I decreased of almost two seconds my personal time. In Rio, I will swim in 1500m freestyle, hoping to reconfirm the bronze won at Settecolli."