instagram

Sette Colli. Flash quotes day 1

Settecolli 2017
images/joomlart/article/eb393a8ce8d5f220750b458c12507d27.jpg

Shown below the flash quotes of the first day of the 54th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women's freestyle 400 m
Boglarka Kapas (gold medalist): "I don't feel ready enough for Budapest. I swam quite well reaching a good time, but I have to continue to train for World championships."

Men's freestyle 400 m
Tae-Hwan Park (gold medalist): "I am very tired because of several races and training for Budapest. Sette Colli is a fascinating competition and it is a good test for the World Championships".
Gabriele Detti (silver medalist): "I enjoyed a lot swimming against an athlete such as Park.I reached a time worst than the time reached last Sette Colli because of my training for World Championships."
Mackenzie Horton (bronze medalist): "I love Italy and I have a good relation with Gregorio Paltrinieri and Gabriele Detti. I am satisfied of my performance. I consider Sette Colli a good training for the World Championships".

Women's breaststroke 100 m
Slobhan-Marie O'Connor (gold medalist): "I am very happy for my time before the World Championships in Budapest. I have good feelings."
Martina Carraro (silver medalist): "I am satisfied of my unexpected result. I thought that the hot temperature influenced my performance. In the second 50m I decreased my time of tenths lost in the first course."

Men's breaststroke 100 m
Adam Peaty (gold medalist): "I am very tired because of my training for World Championships. It was so beautiful swimming with Nicolò Martinenghi. This is my first time at Sette Colli and I adore it."
Nicolò Martinenghi (silver medalist): "I am very satisfied and surprised to have reaching the Italian record. The hard training has given its fruits: this was a race to break my limits. I love Sette Colli and this beautiful audience."
Gledrius Titenis (bronze medalist): "I feel good before the World Championships. I love Rome and Sette Colli that is a good test for Budapest."

Women's butterfly 50 m
Ranomi Kromowidjojo (gold medalist): "I am very satisfied to have reached a time so near to my personal time. I am ready for Budapest. I will spend my time with my family to focus on the race in the better way." 

Men's butterfly 100 m
Chad Le Clos (gold medalist): "I loved the audience a lot. I felt the "Magnini" of this situation. I am very satisfied for my time and I will participate in the World Championships in my best way."
Piero Codia (silver medalist): "I didn't expect this silver medal. Swimming against Chad Le Clos is a stimulus to do my best. Comparing it to this morning performance, I felt better feelings."
Matteo Rivolta (bronze medalist): "I felt well in water, but my time is not enough for the qualification to World Championships. Swimming at Sette Colli is a good opportunity to have a comparison with several champions. This is an experience that helps to grow. Unfortunately, it was a season striked by injuries."

Women's freestyle 200 m
Federica Pellegrini (gold medalist): "I am surprised of my result. I didn't expect it. The audience gave me the right support to rank
first. I am very happy that there are a lot of people more than last year."
Michelle Coleman (silver medalist): "Sette Colli is my favourite competition. I love the swimming pool at Foro Italico. I am very tired because of my training for the World Championships, but I expected to swim faster."

Men's freestyle 50 m
Ben Proud (silver medalist): "I love Italy and this is my first time at Sette Colli. I am satisfied of my time. I felt very well into water and swimming with several champions is always great."
Cameron Mcevoy (bronze medalist): "This is my first time at Sette Colli. I didn't expect so many people, but I felt supported by people. I love this swimming pool and I love to race here. I am very happy of my time, because I trained a lot for the World Championships. I will surely come back to swim here."

Women's freestyle 1500 m 
Simona Quadarella (gold medalist): "I don't have the right words to describe this race. I am very happy. After this performance, I feel on top and I am ready to participate in the World Championships. After my training on mountains, I usually reach higher times, but this time went very well". 
Boglarka Kapas (silver medalist): "I am very tired, but happy of my time. This is my first 1500m this year. I love this swimming pool a lot and Sette Colli is one of my favourite competition. I will participate in the World Championships in this specialty and I hope to get the podium too".