instagram

Sette Colli. Flash quotes day 1

Settecolli 2018
images/joomlart/article/b8ab6afc388d0ab211a665158ed58d3c.jpg

Shown below the podium and flash quotes of the first day of the 55th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.Shown below the podium and flash quotes of the first day of the 55th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women's backstroke 50m
1. Etiene Medeiros (BRA) 27''871
2. Mie Nielsen (DAN) 27''92
3. Georiga Davies (GBR) 27''95

Etiene Medeiros (gold medal): “I am surprised of my result: I didn’t expect it, so it is more and more wonderful. Now I have other races here in Rome”
Georgia Davies (bronze medal): “I am satisfied of my time. This is my second time in Rome and I like it a lot”. 

Men's backstroke 50m
1. Robert-Andrei Glinta (ROU) 24”78
2. Gabriel Fontani (BRA)24”95
3. Matteo Milli (SMGM Team Nuoto Lombardia) 25”15

Robert-Andrei Glinta (gold medal):  "I am very relaxed, all was so natural. I fixed my personal record. This is my first time in Rome and I like it a lot”.
Gabriel Fantoni (silver medal): "I am satisfied of my time and swimming at Sette Colli is very exciting”.
Matteo Milli (bronze medal): "I further decrease my personal record, but I would be more satisfied if I decreased it more for the qualification for European Championships. I am very confident for the Tomorrow race”.

Women's freestyle 400m
1. Holly Hibbott (GBR) 4'09''78
2. Valentine Dumont (BEL) 4'11''12
3. Stefania Pirozzi (ITA) 4'11''36

Holly Hibbott (gold medal): "The race is gone well, but it is the final step before the European in Glasgow. However it is very good for the end of June”.
Stefania Pirozzi (bronze medal): "I managed the race in a very good way and swimming in 4’11” is satisfying. This is the best opportunity for the European Championships. Sette Colli always gives me great emotions".

Men's freestyle 400m
1. Mykhaylo Romanchuk (Energy Standard) 3’48”04
2. Marwan Elkamesh (EGY) 3’49”40
3. Domenico Acerenza (ITA) 3’49”75

Mykhaylo Romanchuk (gold medal): “Rome is my favorite city.  I am looking forward to swim against my friend Gregorio Paltrinieri. Changing swimming pool for training is exciting for each swimmer”. 
Marwan Elkamesh (silver medal): “This is my first time in Rome: it is so exciting. This is my best chrono in this Summer session”.
Domenico Acerenza (bronze medal): “I am very satisfied of my result swimming faster than  3’50. I am training for the European Championships intensely and specifically”.

Women's breaststroke 100m
1. Yulia Efimova (Efimova Team/RUS) 1'04''98 CR
2. Sioban-Marie O'Connor (GBR) 1'07''40
3. Arianna Castiglioni (ITA) 1'07''66

Yulia Efimova (gold medal): "I always enjoy Rome a lot. I am happy of my time but I could swim faster”. 
Sioban-Marie O'Connor (silver medal): "My chrono is not so good: I swam slower but it is natural. After Sette Colli I will go to Spain for the qualification for European Championships”.
Arianna Castiglioni (bronze medal): "Racing so close to several champions is always exciting. I am happy for the podium but less for my final chrono. However I have a month to do my best”.

Men's  breaststroke 100m
1. Adam Peaty (GBR) 58”61
2. Arno Kamminga (NED) 59”14
3. Fabio Scozzoli (ITA) 59”89

Adam Peaty (gold medal): “Coming back to Rome always makes me very happy: I feel at home, first of all for the affection of fans. My training for the European Championships is going well and this competition is a fundamental step before each event”.
Arno Kamminga (silver medal): “The audience of Sette Colli is wonderful and I love swimming here. Swimming against Peaty induces me to do my best, but I need to improve my performance in the second part of the race”.
Fabio Scozzoli (bronze medal): “Racing with champions such as Adam Peaty is wonderful because he is an example of sportsmanship. The audience is fantastic towards us. I am very satisfied of my today performance, a further step to Glasgow, after the Mediterranean Games. I had a little problem with my shoulder but I will go beyond it in two days”.

Women's butterfly 50m
1. Sarah Sjostrom (Energy Standard) 25''19 CR
2. Ranomi Kromowidjojo (NED) 25''90
3. Elena Di Liddo (ITA) 26''13

Elena Di Liddo (bronze medal): “This is an important swimming pool for me, and a part of my heart belongs to the Stadio del Nuoto in Rome. Racing close to Sjostrom is unpredictable and is always wonderful. I am very happy for my chrono”.

Men's  butterfly 100m
1. Chad Le Clos (RSA) 51”24 CR
2. James Guy (GBR) 51”44 
3. Federico Burdisso (ITA) 51”73

Chad Le Clos (gold medal): “I am very proud and happy to be here in Rome, for me Rome is always a special city where I often come. I am very satisfied of my time: I was particularly fast”. 
James Guy (silver medal): “I am ready for the next European Championships, I am training intensely. The atmosphere here at Sette Colli is fascinating: the fans are so warm and the swimming pool is very beautiful”.
Federico Burdisso (bronze medal): “I am very happy to compete with so great champions. I didn’t train for this race, but it was an important step before the Juniores Olympic Games on October”.

Women's freestyle 50m
1. Pernille Blume (DEN) 23''92 CR
2. Sarah Sjostrom (Energy Standard) 24''18
3. Ranomi Kromowidjodjo (NED) 24''64

Pernille Blume (gold medal): "I congratulate the organization of Sette Colli occuring in a wonderful scenario. I am very affectionate to Italy and in this period I am training at the federal center in Ostia. My chrono is really good”.

Men's freestyle 50m
1. Benjamin Proud (GBR) 21”16 CR
2. Bruno Fratus (BRA) 21”77
3. Andrea Vergani (ITA) 22”21

Benjamin Proud (gold medal): “I am moderately satisfied of my chrono. The warm of Rome always gives me great emotions every year: Sette Colli is always an exciting competition”.
Andrea Vergani (bronze medal): “The time obtained is not my best time. I didn’t expect to rank third, but medals give the right adrenaline. Swimming with great champions makes me a little nervous. I have to learn to relax and focus on myself only”.

Women's freestyle 1500m
1. Simona Quadarella (ITA) 15'56''81 CR
2. Boglarka Kapas (HUN) 16'07''48
3. Alisia Tettamanzi (Marina Militare/Nuotatori Milanesi) 16'31''40

Simona Quadarella (gold medal): "This is my “home” swimming pool and all is gone very well. In 1500m, being constant is very difficult but I am doing my best. My race programme is not ended because I will be on blocks in 200m and 400m-freestyle useful to find the right speed in water”.
Boglarka Kapas (silver medal): "Overall it was a positive day. I love the Italian capital and Sette Colli is my favorite event”.
Alisia Tettamanzi (bronze medal): "This is my first time at Sette Colli and I felt a little nervous. This is an excellent training before the 5km at the Absolute Championships in Genoa next week”.