instagram

Sette Colli. Report finals first day

Settecolli 2018
images/joomlart/article/f7e8939950ab20cd6a8595c2c7c5a81c.jpg

Quadarella wins the 1500m-freestyle fixing the event record, Scalia fixes the Italian absolute record in 50m-backstroke, Burdisso fixes again the Italian Juniores and cadet record in 100m-butterfly, Milli swims the personal time in 50m-backstroke and Di Liddo in 50m-butterfly. One gold and nine bronze medals for the Italian swimmers on the first of the three days of the 55th Trofeo Sette Colli, at the Stadio del Nuoto in Rome.
The first gold medal for Italy is won in the last race of the day by Simona Quadarella, Roman swimmer of Fiamme Rosse and CC Aniene, trained by the technician Christian Minotti, shining with strength in 1500m-freestyle with 15'56"81, event record and the second Italian performance in tissue of all time. Her previous record at Sette Colli is 16'03"55 fixed last year. In her 1500m Simona is World bronze and gold at Universiadi. In the same race the other Italian Alisia Tettamanzi (Marina Militare/Nuotatori Milanesi) ranks third with 16'31"40. "This is my “home” swimming pool and all is gone very well. In 1500m, being constant is very difficult - Simona says- but I am doing my best. My race programme is not ended because I will be on blocks in 200m and 400m-freestyle useful to find the right speed in water”. “This is my first time at Sette Colli – Alisia says, gold in 10000 in Piombino at the Eurojunior, trained by Giuditta Pandini - I felt a little nervous. This is an excellent training before the 5km at the Absolute Championships in Genoa next week”.
Silvia Scalia (CC Aniene) ranks fourth in 50m-backstroke, establishing the absolute Italian record with 28"01, breaking the previous one (28"07) fixed by her club and National companion Elena Gemo (swum in Rome on 12th June 2015) who announces her carrier end after her victory in Final B in 50m-butterfly.
Her personal time is 28"24. “I am very happy of my performance – the swimmer trained by Federal Technician Gianni Leoni says – my next goal is breaking the time of 28 seconds. I am sorry to have taken the record from Elena on the day of her retirement. She is a great athletes and we all have learnt from her a lot”.
Federico Burdisso (Tiro a Volo Nuoto) – who reaches the Junior Italian record in 100m-butterfly in heats with 52"23, breaking the record fixed by Tommaso Romani (52"35 in gum swimsuit in Doha 2009) – fixes the record with 51"73: third best Italian performance of all time. “I am very happy to compete with so great champions – he says, who moved to London and when he is in Rome he trains with Simone Palombi - I didn’t train for this race, but it was an important step before the Juniores Olympic Games on October in Buenos Aires". The South-African Chad Le Clos, already Olympic champion in 200m-butterfly, ranks first with 51"24; the British James Guy ranks second with 51"44.
Matteo Milli (SMGM Team Nuoto Lombardia) wins the bronze reaching his personal time in 50m-backstroke with 25"15, breaking his previous time (25"21) fixed on 23rd June at Sette Colli last year. The Summer 2017 is the record season for the Roman swimmer trained by Alfredo Caspoli, swimming in 25"23 on 23th June, in heat, and then in 25"24 on 29th July at the World Championships in Budapest. The Romanian Robert Glinta wins the Final with 24"78, ahead the Brazilian Gabriel Fantoni with 24"95. “I further decrease my personal record – he says - but I would be more satisfied if I decreased it more for the qualification for European Championships. I am very confident for the 100m-backstroke at 10:00 tomorrow”.
Elena Di Liddo (CC Aniene, trained by Raffaele Girardi) ranks third in 50m-butterfly with 26"13, her personal record, decreasing her previous one (26"21) fixed at Tarragona on last 24th June for the silver at the Mediterranean Games. The Swedish 100m-butterfly Olympic champion Sarah Sjostrom, ranks first fixing the event record with 25"19. The Dutch twice Olympic speed champion at London Ranomi Kromowidjojo, ranks second with 25"90. “This is an important swimming pool for me – Elena smiles - , and a part of my heart belongs to the Stadio del Nuoto in Rome. Racing close to Sjostrom is unpredictable and is always wonderful. I am very happy for my chrono”.
Bronze medals also to Stefania Pirozzi and Domenico Acerenza in 400m-freestyle. Stefania (Fiamme Oro and CC Napoli) swims in 4'11"36 and she is very satisfied of her performance. "I managed the race in a very good way – the athlete of Alessandro Mencarelli says - Swimming in 4’11” is satisfying. This is the best opportunity for the European Championships. Sette Colli always gives me great emotions". Ahead her, the British Holly Hibbott with 4'09"78 and the Belgian Valentine Dumnt with 4'11"12. Domenico Acerenza (CC Napoli) reaches the time of 3'49"75, his third personal time, behind the Ukrainian Mykhaylo Romanchuk – World vice-champion in 1500m – ranking first with 3'48"04 and the Egyptian Marwan ElkaMesh, ranking second with 3'49"40. “I am very satisfied of my result swimming faster than  3’50 – the Italian swimmer trained by the Federal Technician Stefano Morini at the Federal Centre in Ostia says - I am training for the European Championships intensely and specifically”.
Arianna Castiglioni and Fabio Scozzoli rank third in 100m-breaststroke. The 21-years-old swimmer from Busto Arsizio (Fiamme Gialle and Team Isubrika, trained by the coach Gianni Leoni), Italian record holder in 50m-breaststroke with 30"33, ends the 100m Finals with 1'07"66 (passage 31"80). “I am happy for the podium but less for my final chrono –she says - However I have a month to do my best. Racing so close to several champions is always exciting”. The Russian Yulia Efimova, World champion in 200m-breaststroke in Budapest 2017 and Olympic vice-champion in 100m and 200m-breaststroke in Rio 2016, ranks first fixing the event record with 1'04"98. The 30-years-old swimmer Fabio Scozzoli (Esercito and Imolanuoto), from Lugo, at about 300km from Ravenna – Italian record holder in 50m with 26"73 on 14th April at Riccione this year – reaches the board at 59"89 and congratulates the Olympic and World record holder champion Adam Peaty, who ranks first with 58"61. “Racing with champions such as Adam Peaty is wonderful – the swimmer trained by Cesare Casella - because he is an example of sportsmanship. The audience is fantastic towards us. I am very satisfied of my performance, a further step to Glasgow, after the Mediterranean Games. I had a little problem with my shoulder but I will go beyond it in two days”.
Andrea Vergani (Can Vittorino Da Feltre) gets the third step of podium at the end of the 50m-freestyle Final ranking third with 22"21. “The time obtained is not my best time – the Italian swimmer trained by Gianluca Caspani says- and I didn’t expect to rank third, but medals always give the right adrenaline. Swimming with great champions makes me a little nervous. I have to learn to relax and focus on myself only”. The British Benjamin Proud gets the highest step of podium winning the Final fixing the event record with 21"16.