instagram

Sette Colli. Flash quotes day 2

Settecolli 2018
images/joomlart/article/568495e5ee54a6c16c50c03a985f70dd.jpg

Shown below the podium and flash quotes of the second day of the 55th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.Shown below the podium and flash quotes of the first day of the 55th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women's butterfly 100m
1. Sarah Sjoestroem (Energy Standard) 56''29
2. Elena Di Liddo (ITA) 57''38
3. Ilaria Bianchi (ITA) 57''84

Sarah Sjoestroem (gold medal):"I have not competed since April, so I'm very satisfied about my time. I come in Rome every year and everytime it's like the first one. It is super!"
Elena Di Liddo (silver medal):"After the Mediterranean Games I felt good and so I knew I could swim close to 57'. Today I have gone beyond expectations because I had struggled in the 50: I let myself be carried away by Sjoestroem".
Ilaria Bianchi (bronze medal):"I am proud of Elena's improvements: she deserves these results. I'm not satisfied about my time but it is all aimed at Glasgow".

Men's butterfly 200m
1.Luiz Altamir Melo (BRA) 1'55"83
2.Tamas Kenderesi (HUN) 1'56"72
3.James Guy (GBR) 1'56"88

Luiz Altamir Melo (gold medal): "I'm very happy for the result. Swimming in Rome has excited me: the fans are so warm".
James Guy (bronze medal): "I'm very tired but I'm also pretty satisfied about the race: it has been difficult".

Women's backstroke 100m
1. Mie Oe. Nielsen (DAN) 59"57
2. Margherita Panziera (ITA) 59"80 IR
3. Simona Baumrtova (CZE) 1'00"08

Margherita Panziera (silver medal): "For the italian swimmers the Sette Colli is the most important event after the Assoluti. Attending this event is good for the whole team. This record is worth a lot because it was obtained here in Rome, in front of this special public".
Simona Baumrtova (bronze medal): "It's the fifth time in Rome and it's always wonderful. I'm happy with the podium but, unlike other swimmers, I do my better in the morning. I must arrive in the best conditions in Glasgow".

Men's backstroke 100m
1. Robert-Andrey Glinta (ROU) 53”96
2. Gabriel Fantoni (BRA) 54”49
3. Matteo Milli (ITA) 54”54

Robert-Andrey Glinta (gold medal): “The first place gratified me, but I hoped to be faster. It is my first Sette Colli, I liked it very much”. 
Matteo Milli (bronze medal): “I'm satisfied: I further decrease my morning's time. This season was so hard but I'm training to improve my results”.

Women's Medley 400m
1. Ilaria Cusinato (ITA) 4'34"65 CR
2. Aimee Willmott (GBR) 4'38"81
3. Boglarka Kapas (HUN) 4'39"81

Ilaria Cusinato (gold medal): "The High School exam has been very well, it motivated me for this Sette Colli. I didn't expect to swim so fast, I cancelled the bad memories linked to this pool, this change everything". 
Aimee Willmott (silver medal): "This time makes me really happy. I'm always excited toswim here,it's amazing ".
Boglarka Kapas (bronze medal): "I love Rome and Sette colli, I would like to live here. I will go to Glasgow to be the best".

Men's Medley 400m
1. David Verraszto (HUN) 4’11”98
2. Brandon Almeida (BRA) 4’15”51
3. Federico Turrini (ITA) 4’16”51

David Verraszto (gold medal): “The race has gone quite well, it was a great training ahead of the Europeans. Swimming in Rome is always exciting”.
Federico Turrini (bronze medal): “Racing in this pool always motivates me: I am satisfied for the time. Years are passing and I'm worried I can't enjoy these emotions for much longer”.

Women's Freestyle 100m
1. Pernille Blume (DAN) 52"72 CR
2. Sarah Sjoestroem (SWE) 52"77
3. Femke Heemskerk (NED) 53"31

Pernille Blume (gold medal): "Racing so close to Federica Pellegrini is awesome.She is an example for me. I'm very very happy".
Femke Heemskerk (bronze medal): "I'm satisfied for the time, it is close to my personal best. I'm focusing my trainig to Glasgow and this second place, here at the Internazionali d'Italia, motivates me a lot".

Men's Freestyle 100m
1. Alessandro Miressi (ITA) 48”25 CR
2. Bruno Fratus (BRA) 48”58
3. Pedro Spajari (BRA) 48”72

Alessandro Miressi (gold medal): “I'm surprised of my result: I'm really satisfied to do my personal record and to broke the competition's one. It has been the best traing to the European Championship”.
Bruno Fratus (silver medal): “Compared to yesterday evening I'm happier. No one pool is like home's pool but Stadio del Nuoto is a part of my heart".

Women's Breaststroke 50m
1. Yulia Efimova (Efimova Team/RUS) 29"84 CR
2. Imogen Clark (GBR) 30"60
3. Martina Carraro (ITA) 30"85

Yulia Efimova (gold medal): "I improve myself day by day, throught an intese training. Winning helps to believe in yourself".
Imogen Clark (silver medal): "I swam fast, beyond expectations. For all the events, the most important are the European Championships: from Monday I will focus only on those".
Martina Carraro (bronze medal): "I'm happy of my time, although the mistake i did at the end of the race.Always nice to be on the podium of Sette Colli".

Men's Breaststroke 50m
1. Adam Peaty (GBR) 26”41 CR
2. Joao Gomes Junior (BRA) 27”00
3. Fabio Scozzoli (ITA) 27”24

Adam Peaty (gold medal): “I'm surprised every time by the enthusiasm of the italian fan: it's fantastic. I am satisfied for my time, the 50 breaststroke are my favorite distance”.
Fabio Scozzoli (bronze medal): “It is  quite a good time. Compete with Peaty excited me a lot: chasing is easier and in this period there are many valiant opponents”.

Women's Freestyle 800m
1. Simona Quadarella (ITA) 8'20''99
2. Boglarka Kapas (HUN) 8'31''07
3. Diletta Carli (ITA) 8'35''61

Simona Quadarella (gold medal): "Extremely happy for these race, after the labour of yesterday. I have a lot of energy in my body and I can only grow for the Europeans".
Diletta Carli (bronze medal): "I am not in the best conditions but it is a great third place. Compared to yesterday the sensations are better".

Men's Freestyle 800m
1. Gregorio Paltrinieri (ITA) 7’46”33
2. Guilherme Costa (BRA) 7’50”92
3. Domenico Acerenza (ITA) 7’53”68

Gregorio Paltrinieri (gold medal): “The trainig to Glasgow is going very well. I have been competing constantly for three weeks. Swimming at Sette Colli is fantastic: I love the pool and the public”.
Guilherme Costa (silver medal): “I am very happy for my race. Swimming close to Paltrinieri in a pool like Stadio del Nuoto is exciting.”.
Domenico Acerenza (bronze medal): “I have done my personal best and I am pleased with it, because I got it by handling the race differently than usual.”