instagram

FIN President Paolo Barelli greetings

Settecolli 2019
images/large/paolo_barelli_800_450_18_6_19.jpg

The countdown is ended. The registrations are closed. The fans have already reserved their seats on gallery. The athletes are ready  to get in the blocks of the "classic" of international Swimming in the heart of Eternal City. 
At Foro Italico in Rome, in the "most beautiful swimming pool of the world", using the words said by Michael Pelphs and Federica Pellegrini, the International Swimming competition-the 56th Trofeo Settecolli will be on stage since 21st to 23rd June. This is a landmark of the innovative circuit LEN Swimming Cup, as usual broadcasted in Rai Sport + HD. 
Finals under the stars, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, after the pre-show broadcasted also in streaming on the website of Federazione Italiana Nuoto.
The Trofeo Sette Colli is fiftysix years old. Many years for me and for the Federation, that I am proud to lead. First of all, it makes me proud and satisfied. We saw its birth and we contributed to its growth.
Passing time, it received more and more interest and credibility, becoming a fundamental international test-event.
The technical level and the media visibility make it unique and precious, before the mean appointments of the season. In this case before the Universiadi in Naples and the World Championships that will occur in Gwangju, in South Corea on 21st to 28th July.
In the Olympic pool in 1960-then World pool in 1994 and 2009 and European pool in 1983-more than 500 Italian and foreign athletes from 39 countries will face. 
Together the Italian athletes, leaded by Gregorio Paltrinieri and Federica Pellegrini, a lot of stars are waited, such as the gold Olympic champions Katinka Hosszu and Florent Manaudou, coming back after about three years, Ranomi Kromowidjojo and Adam Peaty, Chad Le Clos and Femke Heemskerk and Pernille Blume. 
Paralympic champions will swim next them. The queen speed competition, the 100m-freestyle, is reserved to them. 
Traditionally, on the base of the competition results, a rank for country will be drawn up. The rank will assign the Trofeo Mario Saini, creatore of the event, such as of the Scuola dello Sport and the CONI Swimming centers.
Entertainment moments with the Olympic champion Massimiliano Rosolino and live coverage on Radio Roma Capitale-Radio Sei-Rete Sport (the official radio pool of the event broadcasting directly from the studios at Stadio del Nuoto), will make more joyful the three-days Swimming and show.
A lot of surprises will wait you on poolside with our Manuel Bortuzzo, at the celebration of the 10 years after the Rome Championships 2009. 
I thank all that made possible the organization of the event: Sport and Salute Spa, in which I renew my trust, I confirm my support and availability, and I wish further cooperation making the Stadio del Nuoto a location for more and more  prestigious events. I thank the Comune di Roma, Regione Lazio and Città Metropolitana di Roma Capitale, the Ligue Europeenne de Natation, the law enforcement, the federal sponsors Arena and UnipolSai, Frecciarossa and Herbalife, Kinder+Sport and Uliveto, the friends of Rai Sport, the media partners Messaggero and Corriere dello Sport and the event partners such as Telesia, Atac and Rai Sport.
Have fun!